By Michael J. Gelb, Visit Amazon's Kelly Howell Page, search results, Learn about Author Central, Kelly Howell, , Tony Buzan
Read Online or Download Brain Power: Improve Your Mind as You Age PDF
Best neuropsychology books
I came upon this publication unintentionally, and am thrilled that I did. it's a good written, effortless to learn, and thorough treatise at the production of ethical people from the mixed results of nature AND nurture. This ebook will be required analyzing for all who're, or intend to turn into, mom and dad in addition to an individual who has to accommodate other folks in lifestyles.
Because the speed of technological swap hurries up, we're more and more experiencing a country of knowledge overload. records exhibit that we're interrupted each 3 mins through the process the paintings day. Multitasking among e-mail, cell-phone, textual content messages, and 4 or 5 web pages whereas hearing an iPod forces the mind to technique an increasing number of informaton at better and bigger speeds.
Consuming issues (EDs) have an effect on at the very least eleven million humans within the usa every year and spread throughout age, race, ethnicity and socio-economic category. whereas expert literature at the topic has grown very much long ago 30 years, it has a tendency to be solely research-based and missing specialist scientific observation on therapy.
Neurotherapy, also known as EEG biofeedback and/or neurobiofeedback consists of options designed to control mind waves via non-invasive capability and are used as therapy for numerous mental and clinical problems. The problems lined contain ADHD, temper law, dependancy, soreness, sleep issues, and demanding mind harm.
- The Brain That Changes Itself: Stories of Personal Triumph from the Frontiers of Brain Science (James H. Silberman Books)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder And Comorbidity
- Adaptive Disclosure: A New Treatment for Military Trauma, Loss, and Moral Injury
- Epilepsy: Mechanisms, Models, and Translational Perspectives
- The Predictive Mind
- Mind/Body Integration: Essential Readings in Biofeedback
Additional info for Brain Power: Improve Your Mind as You Age
2. Can you absolutely know that it’s true? Absolute knowledge is elusive. 3. How do you react — what happens — when you believe that thought? Bring your attention to the physical reactions you have when you experience a pessimistic thought. What happens to your posture, your breathing, etc.? 4. Who would you be without that thought? This question invites you to let go of your attachment to the negative thought. Katie suggests that, after you have investigated your statement with the four questions, you aim to experience the opposite of your original statement.
Text design by Tona Pearce Myers Library of Congress Cataloging-in-Publication Data Gelb, Michael. Brain power : improve your mind as you age / Michael J. Gelb and Kelly Howell ; foreword by Tony Buzan. p. cm. Includes bibliographical references and index. ISBN 978-1-60868-073-3 (pbk. : alk. paper) 1. Cognition—Age factors. 2. Memory—Age factors. 3. Brain—Aging. 4. Human information processing—Age factors. I. Howell, Kelly. II. Title. 67’13—dc23 2011038619 First printing, January 2012 ISBN 978-1-60868-073-3 Printed in the United States on 100% postconsumer-waste recycled paper 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 If you are mindful that old age has wisdom for its food you will so exert yourself in youth that your old age will not lack sustenance.
The Language of Longevity Language is powerful. The way you speak can reinforce or transform negative attitudes and stereotypes about aging. In the United States, negative stereotypes related to aging are everywhere; advertisements of all kinds tend to glorify youth and denigrate the elderly. We can, without knowing it, begin to internalize these negative stereotypes and inadvertently reinforce them by the way we use language. In a study that demonstrates the power of words to reinforce or change negative stereotypes, Becca Levy, PhD, exposed different groups of older individuals to words flashed on a computer screen so quickly that they weren’t consciously aware of what they were seeing.