By Casey A. Ydenberg, Mark D. Rose (auth.), Elizabeth H. Chen (eds.)
Exciting paintings some time past decade has published commonalities and changes between person phone fusion occasions. In Cell Fusion: Overviews and Methods, a staff of top specialists offer a suite of overviews that define our present realizing of cellphone fusion and techniques that current vintage and state of the art experimental methods in various structures. Divided into handy components, the quantity starts off with 9 overviews which describe assorted mobilephone fusion occasions in types from yeast to mammals, and it maintains with 13 chapters illustrating widely used the way to assay mobilephone fusion specifically structures. As part of the hugely winning Methods in Molecular Biology™ series, those tools chapters assemble step by step, with ease reproducible protocols with lists of the mandatory fabrics and reagents, besides pointers on troubleshooting and keeping off identified pitfalls.
Cutting-edge and simple, Cell Fusion: Overviews and Methods serves as a complete source for a person, professional or beginner, drawn to the interesting organic technique of phone fusion.
Read or Download Cell Fusion: Overviews and Methods PDF
Best biology books
A number of animal species stay in environments characterised via a seasonal aid within the availability of water, which regularly yet no longer continually happens while temperatures are optimum. for lots of such animals, survival in the course of the hardest season calls for spending lengthy sessions of time in a slightly inactive nation referred to as aestivation.
Nitrogen and sulfur compounds are continually synthetized, degraded and switched over into other kinds in nature. there are various similarities within the precept difficulties and easy mechanisms of the biology of inorganic nitrogen and sulfur. Many info aren't but understood and for that reason are the topic of energetic research across the world.
- Lung Biology in Health & Disease Volume 167 Biotherapeutic Approaches to Asthma
- Advances in Biology and Therapy of Multiple Myeloma: Volume 1: Basic Science
- Advances in Immunology, Vol. 33
- Alzheimer’s Disease: Lessons from Cell Biology
- Cinemicrography in Cell Biology
- Clostridium difficile: Methods and Protocols
Additional resources for Cell Fusion: Overviews and Methods
J. Exp. Med. 202, 337–340. 14. Potgens, A. J. , and Frank, H. G. (2002) Mechanisms of syncytial fusion: a review. Placenta 23 (Suppl A, Trophoblast Res. 16), 107–113. 15. Davis, R. H. (2000) Neurospora: Contributions of a Model Organism. Oxford University Press, New York. 16. Perkins, D. , and Sachs, M. S. (2001) The Neurospora Compendium: Chromosomal Loci. Academic Press, San Diego. 17. Colot, H. , Turner, G. , Crew, C. , Weiss, R. , Borkovich, K. , and Dunlap J. C. (2006) A high-throughput gene knockout procedure for Neurospora reveals functions for multiple transcription factors.
1. Proteins Mediating Membrane Fusion Although cell fusion events are essential for the development of most eukaryotic organisms, the molecular basis of the final step of this process, the fusion of plasma membranes, is only poorly understood. In S. cerevisiae, one of the few proteins predicted to be involved in this process is Prm1p. PRM1 encodes a plasma membrane protein and is found only in fungal species. prm1 mutants show a significant fusion defect during mating, resulting in the accumulation of prezygotes.
2005) A mitogenactivated protein kinase pathway essential for mating and contributing to vegetative growth in Neurospora crassa. Genetics 170, 1091–1104. 43. Wei, H. , and Fischer, R. (2003) The MAPKK kinase SteC regulates conidiophore morphology and is essential for heterokaryon formation and sexual development in the homothallic fungus Aspergillus nidulans. Mol. Microbiol. 47, 1577–1588. 44. Buehrer, B. M. and Errede, B. (1997) Coordination of the mating and cell integrity mitogen-activated protein kinase pathways in Saccharomyces cerevisiae.